Advices for Hair care
Beauty has many factors, and the beauty of hair gives great beauty to the face, whether for women or men, and although age and genetics are factors that cannot be changed, diet is the only thing that can be controlled , and in fact diet which isn't contain the right nutrients can lead to hair loss.
On the other hand, diet with the right nutrients can help boost hair growth, especially in the event of hair loss due to poor nutrition.
Nutrition and hair :
An unhealthy or incomplete diet can cause great damage to the hair, and in the event that you do not eat the right foods and eat enough vitamins and minerals necessary, this may lead to a lot of damage to the hair.
This is why a varied and healthy diet is so important.
Moreover, be sure to drink enough water daily.
If not, the hair can become dry and brittle.
Reasons of hair loss or damage:
• Family history (heredity), the most common cause of hair loss is a genetic condition called male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness, and it usually occurs gradually with age, in woman is light hair.
1. Hormonal changes are a major factor in hair loss.
2. There are also diseases that cause hair loss, such as the alopecia areata.
3. Infections on the scalp, such as ringworm and hair-pull disorder, where a person pulls head hair as a psychosis, psychological state, or even when thinking excessively.
4. Some medications, vitamins and supplements.
5. Shocks or exposure to a very stressful event.
6. Some hair styles, treatments and hair proteins with hot oil can cause damage to hair follicles and lead to hair loss, and if scarring occurs, hair loss may be permanent .
Hair health tips :
1. Avoid hair dryers and curls, as they make hair brittle.
2. Protecting hair from factors that might harm it (sun, chlorine, and salt) by wearing a sun hat in summer and a bathing cap when swimming.
3. Pay attention to the medications that cause hair loss, such as (birth control pills, diet pills, thyroid medications, cortisone and antibiotics).
4. Massage the head daily using the fingers in a circular manner for at least five minutes.
5. Avoid using hot water for showering as it will damage and dry hair.
8. Periodically cutting the ends of the hair to get rid of split ends, because cutting has a role in revitalizing the hair.
10. Stress should be avoided as much as possible to maintain healthy hair.
11. Avoid smoking and alcoholic beverages because they also have an effect on the health of hair.
Important nutrients for hair health:
Protein is the main component of hair, and it is important to make hair strong and healthy. In the event that the body lacks protein, your hair will likely become dry, brittle, and weak.
The most important foods that contain protein:
1. Eggs: An excellent source of protein in addition to containing other important nutrients to the hair, such as vitamin (B12). It also contains iron, potassium selenium, zinc and sulfur. Eggs also have benefits to maintain the softness of the hair as it is applied to the hair to stimulate hair growth as well.
2. Meat: Eating red meat (skimmed) contributes to maintaining healthy hair, in addition to containing a protein meat also contains many important nutrients such as vitamins (B, zinc, iron and minerals) which is important to maintain healthy hair .
3. Chicken, fish, and dairy products are important sources , also .
4. And some plant sources such as legumes and nuts, nuts contain a variety of proteins, and this indicates their nutritional importance.
Second: Vitamin C:
It helps in producing and maintaining healthy collagen, which is the type of connective tissue found in hair follicles.
It is a powerful antioxidant and protects both the cells inside the follicles and cells in the nearby blood vessels.
The most important sources of vitamin C are orange and lemon .
Beta-carotene is also important for hair growth, which is why beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A according to the needs of the body, and helps maintain normal growth and bone development, and protects the covering around nerve fibers, as well as promoting skin health , hair and nails .
Some examples of its sources are (fish, fish oil, vegetables and fruits), and sweet potatoes as well ( it is one of the most important sources of beta-carotene, so eating it regularly helps the healthy growth of hair and prevents hair loss and dryness ).
Necessary to produce nucleic acids, which in turn leads to normal cell division of follicles.
The amount of zinc is generally low in the body, and zinc is found in meat, eggs, and seafood, as well as nuts which is a treasure trove of minerals that greatly affect the hair and its improvement .
Some of these minerals are (zinc, selenium, and iron), Also, nuts contain a high content of (omega-3) and many other vitamins that contribute to get healthy and strong hair and prevent hair loss.
Fifth: folic acid:
Folic acid deficiency may cause a decrease in hair follicle cell growth . Folic acid is also necessary to maintain healthy methionine levels in the body.
• Signs of folic acid deficiency include anemia, apathy, fatigue and graying / the most important sources of folic acid, lentils and avocado.
Iron is a very important mineral for hair, and iron deficiency is one of the main causes of hair loss.
Hair follicles and roots are fed with nutrient rich blood.
• When iron levels drop below a certain limit, anemia may occur (this disrupts the supply of follicles, which affects the hair growth cycle).
The most important foods that contain iron (red meat, chicken and fish), which means that iron is readily available to the body, there are also plant-based sources of iron that enable vegetarians to raise the level of iron in their bodies, including lentils, spinach and other green leafy vegetables.
Seventh: Omega 3:
• Omega 3 is an important fat that the body cannot make, and therefore must be obtained through the diet. Omega 3 is found in the cells that line the scalp and also has a role in providing oils that maintain the scalp and thus moisturize the hair.
• Foods that contain omega-3: oily fish (such as salmon and sardines) and plant sources such as avocado, pumpkin seeds, and nuts.
Eighth: Vitamin A:
Vitamin A: The body needs to make sebum.
Seborrhea: It is a sebaceous substance produced by the sebaceous glands of the hair. It provides a natural conditioner for a healthy scalp. Without sebum, we may feel itchy scalp and dry hair.
Foods that contain Vitamin A: animal products and orange and yellow vegetables that contain a high percentage of beta-carotene (which makes Vitamin A) such as carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
Strawberries: Rich in Vitamin A, antioxidants, and strawberries also contain Vitamin C.
Ninth: Vitamin E:
The function of Vitamin E lies in providing support and protection for hair, as from the sun and some other factors that can damage the hair just as it can harm the skin, so be sure to eat foods rich in vitamin E to provide protection for the hair, one of its most important sources is nuts.
Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin B, and a decrease in the amount of biotin can cause fragile and weak hair and may lead to hair loss.
Some foods rich in biotin: whole grains, liver, egg yolks, and yeast.
Flaxseed: It contains many important elements, including vitamin B, protein, zinc and iron, so it is important to add flaxseed to food.
The most important foods that protect hair from split ends:
Vitamin A: Vitamin A decrease leads to dry hair and thus breaks it apart.
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5: Because the lack of these vitamins leads to a decrease in the nutrition of hair follicles.
Iodine: Supports the thyroid hormone function, which is important for the health and growth of hair.
In conclusion, we find that nature and natural food are a treasure of the important elements to our body and our hair.
In order to get a better life, better health and more beautiful hair, we have to pay attention to our food system, and we will not need any other industrial materials.